Wednesday, December 16, 2009

J.R.R Tolkien

I am reading "The Lord of The Ring" books again for the 5th or 6th time, and I am still in awe and amazed at how wonderful these books are. It doesn't matter how many times I read them I get more into them than the time before. I can never get sick of Tolkiens work; he is a genius and a brilliant author. I don't think that there will ever be another Tolkien.

C.S Lewis is also a brilliant author in is own right, but on a whole other level than Tolkien. It doesn't suprise me that the two of them were such good friends.

I starting listening to "The Children of Hurrin", I have never read "The Silmarillion" but I was thinking today as I was reading that I should read it too learn more about the history of middle earth. I also thought that these books would boare me, but I am completely obsorbed my these books!

I can't keep all the characters, places and history straight so I wont summerise the books.

There are not a lot good authors these days; it makes me sad to think that people are content with simple minded literature. I like to read books that make me have to stop and think about what it is that I am reading; books that if I have to reread a page a couple of times that is ok, I love books that challenge me intellectually.

If you haven't ever Read J.R.R Tolkien, I suggest that you read him. Your life wont be completely until you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment